Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins

Saturday mornings are always a favorite time for me!  I enjoy lounging in bed a little longer and having something a little extra special for breakfast.  This morning I decided to whip up a delectable healthy chocolate muffin...can I just say I LOVE baking!!!

I don't love all the calories and sugar in baked goods so I work to find healthy substitutes to the ingredients without altering taste.   These muffins were made without flour and white sugar!!

Angela Kalp, simply living a fit life

Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins



Ingredients:
1-3/4 c Old fashioned oatmeal
3/4 c egg beaters
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c greek yogurt
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp white vinegar
1 cup hot water 
1 tsp pure vanilla ext
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Mix-ins:
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 12 cup muffin tins with non stick spray and set aside.
  • I used my ninja for this part:  add all ingredients to the blender cup and blend until smooth.  Then pour into a bowl and add the mix-ins and gently stir until combined.  Pour into prepared muffin tins.  
  • Place muffin pans into the oven for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  **If desired you can add some additional chocolate chips to the top after baking about 8 minutes then bake the remaining time.
  • Cool in pan prior to removing.
  • ENJOY!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Fairy Night Light

Grandma's Tomato Sauce