Creating a Fairy Night Light


Originally I saw this enchanting fairy jar on Etsy by CJSDesignsandApparel and immediately thought of a couple special little girls that would adore this. I absolutely love the color and the fairy selection but I have always been that girl who just has to figure it out and create it myself!! Please tell me I am not the only one!?!

Keep reading to see how I created my own fairy jar night light and see how it turned out.

Fortunately I had already owned a Cricut Maker, as I was hoping to create personalized jewelry tags however intimidation set in and I never started😳 Well the time has come and I decided to just GO FOR IT!! I mean really what's the worst that could happen? Failed attempt? So my first attempt with my Maker will be a vinyl project. Voila...my fairy jar night light was in the works AND I finally overcame my crazy apprehension🙄

I searched design space for a perfect fairy cutout however I ended up using one I found from Scotties Designs and best of all...it was free!

I am currently recreating an in depth video but for now I am listing supplies and my step by step below.

You will need the following:

  • Fairy vinyl decals or your choice 
  • modge podge
  • tissue paper (white will give you a more visible vinyl image)
  • battery operated fairy light
  • I also used a fairy doll for the topper as well as some beads and charms
  • I used various markers to give some additional color. fabric, paint pens and sharpies- whatever you have on hand will work. 


*Something I learned on my first attempt at vinyl cutting, there is a trick at getting the letters together. 

Directions:
  • Hold jar from the open end and wipe down outside with alcohol -to free from any oil or residue
  • Place decals on jar as you wish
  • cut a piece of tissue paper to fit the outside of jar  (from edge of rim to bottom of jar)
  • hold jar again from the open edge - lightly paint outside of jar with the the modge podge and carefully lay on your piece of tissue paper.  If you have a little hole, don't fret you can touch it up with tissue paper remember less is better to keep your image.  
  • After drying at least overnight I colored in my flowers, grass and star images.   

Check out the full virtual tour of my fairy night light on youtube

If you would prefer not to fuss, click on the link to purchase the original Fairy night light from CJS Designs and Apparel

Thanks for stopping by and happy creating❤

Can't wait to see your creations!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma's Tomato Sauce