Clean Sloppy Joes -21 day fix


CLEAN SLOPPY JOES, SIMPLY LIVING A FIT LIFE, 21 DAY FIX, ANGELA KALP, CLEAN RECIPES


Sloppy joes are a favorite of mine but not using that can of manwich not so much.  There is something about reading these ingredients that totally sickens me

ingredient list: Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Distilled Vinegar, Corn Syrup, Less than 2% of: Salt, Sugar, Dehydrated Onions, Dehydrated Red and Green Bell Peppers, Chile Pepper, Tomato Fiber, Spices, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dehydrated Garlic, Carob Bean Gum, Natural Flavors. 

I want to feel good about my food and what I am feeding my family.  There are too many diseases and sickness going around and I feel more and more it is what we are eating.  So I refuse to keep purchasing food that isn't manufactured because its good for me but because of profit!

When I came across this recipe from Autumn Calabrese in the fixate cookbook I had to give it a try.
No it isn't manwich but it is AMAZING!!!  I even served it up for my son and he totally enjoyed it with some mac n cheese!

Ingredients;

1   tsp olive oil
1   medium onion, chopped
1   medium red bell pepper, chopped
2   cloves garlic; chopped
1 lb. raw ground meat 93% lean
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 c all natural tomato sauce, no salt or sugar added
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, gluten free (you can find it here on my blog)
1-1/2 tsp of hot pepper sauce
1 Tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
Finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Directions:

  1. Heat oil in large skillet over med heat.
  2. Add onion and bell pepper; cook , stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes or until onion is translucent
  3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.  Transfer onion mixture to a medium bowl.  set aside
  4. Add turkey to the same skillet; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently to break up the turkey, for 8-10 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink.
  5. Season with salt and pepper.
  6. add onion mixture, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, and maple syrup.  Mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.  
  7. Sprinkle each serving with parsley before serving (if desired)
21 day fix counts:
1G, 1R, 1 spoon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Fairy Night Light

Grandma's Tomato Sauce