Chicken Fajitas

Chicken Fajitas


When the sun is shining and it is in the 70's,  I feel the need to dine outdoors!!  Now the question...what to make??  Something quick obviously...So what ?!?!?  

Fajitas and margaritas immediately came to mind yesterday!!  Love me some Mexican!!! Hard to believe I didn't have my camera in hand, but I didn't!!!!  So for now you will have to look at today's left over pic from my lunch!  You can't get a more unprocessed meal than fajitas!!  I don't use those seasoning packets loaded with crap, I only use real spice.  Check out my recipe below!!

Ingredients:

2 tsp coconut oil
3 medium peppers, sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut in strips

Seasoning mix:
1 tsp Mexican chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt

tortillas, warmed
Toppings:
Greek yogurt
salsa
Cheddar Cheese
chopped fresh cilantro
lime wedges


Directions:
  • Heat oil in large nonstick skillet; med high heat
  • Add peppers and onion, cook 5-6 min or until onion is translucent 
  • Add chicken, and seasoning mix; stirring occasionally for 7-8 min or until chicken is cooked.
  • Evenly top each tortilla with chicken mixture, yogurt, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
  • ENJOY!!  Leave me a message and let me know what ya think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Fairy Night Light

Grandma's Tomato Sauce