Cauliflower Pizza



Tonight's dinner...PIZZA!!  I'm almost positive you couldn't have guessed...lol!!  Anyways, I noticed a head of cauliflower in my fridge tonight and since I really hate wasting produce, I did what any frugal female would do...I got cooking in the kitchen!!   This recipe comes together pretty quick and it’s really simple.

Ingredients:
1 head of grated cauliflower
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp basil
1/3 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
¼ c mozzarella cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten

Directions:
·       Place grated cauliflower in lint free tea cloth and squeeze to drain liquid.  Place grated cauliflower in a heat-safe bowl and microwave for 3-4 minutes. 
·       Place cauliflower in a bowl and fluff with fork.  Add the basil, oregano, garlic, Parmesan, mozzarella and egg stirring to blend.
·       Press mixture out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. 
·       If it still feels slightly wet soak up the water on top with napkins. 
·       Place pan in oven and bake until golden.  Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
·       Remove from oven and top with desired toppings and return to oven to bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.  I also like to turn on the broiler at the very end.   

*check out my recipe for clean pizza sauce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Fairy Night Light

Grandma's Tomato Sauce